Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Beginnings

Welcome to my costuming blog! *fanfare*

I'm gearing up for a project! Nothing too fancy...

For Halloween this year, I made a regency dress. But I was rushing to finish in time for a party, so I didn't bother to fit it properly or anything. So now I'm going to try to do this costuming thing for real.

But first, I should concentrate on getting proper regency underpinnings. I already made a chemise, but I'll also need a corset. The thing is, I'm a very small-busted. I'm a little afraid that a corset will just flatten me, instead of giving me a proper shape. Especially since I'll be the one making the corset, and I'm less than experienced with sewing nice-fitting garments. Nevertheless, I'm excited to give it a go. My current plan is to try Sense and Sensibility Patterns' short stays, as I already have the pattern for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment