Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Boneless Bustle

So I've been working rather frenziedly on my bustle, using TV 101. I've gotten about as far as I can go without putting in the hoop boning, which I haven't purchased yet. Which meant it was time to stop and post pictures!

Back. Besides missing the bones, the overlay isn't on yet either.


Front. Also gives a pretty good view of my yarn cubbies in the background. Man, I need to clean those out a bit!


The part with the bone channels


Measuring out the ruffles for the overlay. I had to use two tape measures because they each only went up to 60", and I needed a 86" ruffle.


Putting the ruffles on the overlay. I followed the directions at the Farthingales Canada site, here, because, as Farthingales mentions, the TV directions aren't too clear about how to attach the ruffles. Most of the other Farthingales criticisms have been addressed in the revised version of TV 101, but not that particular point.


No comments:

Post a Comment