I've been hard at work on my bustle outfit. I think I've got most things put together, and I'm down to the hand finishing stuff. This dress, as I have mentioned before, was originally made by the lovely Lauren. I wanted to add some trimmings, plus I had to make some adjustments to the bodice, which was a bit too small (btw, Lauren is tiny!!).
First, I made a ruffle to go along the bottom of the skirt. It's not attached yet, but I laid it against the skirt to get an idea of how it would look.
Then, I pulled the old collar off of the jacket (I wanted to make a slightly more elaborate collar) and added some ease to the center front. It fits pretty nicely now. I had to use some fabric I harvested from the bottom of the skirt.
Finally, I made a new collar out off the same fabric I used for the ruffle. I wasn't sure how to draft such a collar (my first couple attempts were just awful), so I looked at the pattern pieces for a modern McCalls jacket pattern, which set me straight.
I also made a chemisette to fill in the neckline.
So to do:
-Finish hemming the skirt
-Attach the ruffle to the skirt
-Use bias tape to cover over the raw edges on the inside of the collar
-Attach buttons and hooks and eyes to the jacket
-Attach hook and eye to the bustle petticoat
-Hem the bustle petticoat
-Finish attaching the collar to the chemisette
-Put buttons on the chemisette