So I've been spending most of the past month knitting instead of sewing. I'm trying to finish a shawl for my mother, but it's become the never-ending project.
But Jenni has been talking about our "4th Annual Attempt at a Regency Picnic," so that has got me thinking about sewing again. I've got a few things in the queue:
1) My voile regency dress. I kept going back and forth as to how to contruct this. First I wanted a bib front, then a back closing gown, then a front closing gown with drawstrings. I think I've settled on the last option, after looking at the Past Patterns regency pattern. I don't think I'm going to use that pattern, but rather modify the S&S Elegant Ladies Closet pattern, which I used a while ago for my old green dress.
2) My 1828 dress. I did finish most of a flounced petticoat for this one, as you can see in this bad picture, but I haven't actually gotten to the dress!
3) Some random fiddling with my 1880s bustle dress. There are still some details I want to work on, plus I want to redo the chemisette (pictured below). I like the look of it, but I made the collar too big.