Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Progress on the Regency Stays

I sewed the gussets in the front panel over the weekend, while visiting my parents. I've traced down where I want the busk pocket, and now I am thinking about cording patterns. I think I want to do a combination of the following three stays:

The top one is most simiar to what I want, but I'm considering having curved channels underneath the gussets (though cording those will be a pain). Because I've never embroidered anything, I'll be skipping that. I've decided to hand sew most of this project, because I don't have any other hand sewing things on the table right now. I like to have something to do in front of the TV. Plus, a lot of this is easier for me to do by hand (particularly putting in gussets). But sewing through the layers of fabric is going to make my fingers unhappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment