I have gotten closer to finishing Mike's waistcoat. This has been such a learning experience, and there are definitely things I want to change on the next version. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the results so far.
Of course, it doesn't even come close to fitting on my dressform, but this is the picture I have:
I spent yesterday morning figuring out how to make covered buttons without those metal forms from the store. I had some wood buttons that I thought would look good covered in self fabric. I kept cutting the circle of fabric either too large or too small. But eventually I got it. Good thing I kept all the scraps of wool I had left over!