Sunday, October 7, 2012

Victorian Catwoman

I've had it in my head for awhile to make a victorian version of a catwoman costume. I'm a big fan of the current outfit she wears in the comics. Well, after literally years of thinking about this, I finally decided to give it a go. Sewing with stretch pleather proved to be an adventure, but not nearly as bad as I had feared. I used the same natural form Truly Victorian patterns that I used before for my red silk ensemble, and the whole thing less accessories went together in just a couple days of sewing.

Inspiration image by Darwyn Cooke
catwoman darwyn cooke

Here is the current result. I'm still working on accessories.
PA065339

PA065358

PA065356

Mike has pointed out that I've managed to make a victorian faux leather jacket.
PA065363

I flat-lined the pleather to cotton twill in the bodice.
PA065360

Right now I'm working on the cowl hat. This was my mockup.
PA065373

And here is the current state of affairs. Only half a hat right now.
PA075381

No comments:

Post a Comment