I've had it in my head for awhile to make a victorian version of a catwoman costume. I'm a big fan of the current outfit she wears in the comics. Well, after literally years of thinking about this, I finally decided to give it a go. Sewing with stretch pleather proved to be an adventure, but not nearly as bad as I had feared. I used the same natural form Truly Victorian patterns that I used before for my red silk ensemble, and the whole thing less accessories went together in just a couple days of sewing.
Inspiration image by Darwyn Cooke
Here is the current result. I'm still working on accessories.
Mike has pointed out that I've managed to make a victorian faux leather jacket.
I flat-lined the pleather to cotton twill in the bodice.
Right now I'm working on the cowl hat. This was my mockup.
And here is the current state of affairs. Only half a hat right now.