Saturday, February 9, 2013

Zone Front Gown

Guess what I'm making for the Francaise Dinner? I've been working on this off and on since December, but I've only been sort of motivated about it. Seeing everyone in all their finery at last weekend's card party has put a little more inspiration in my head, and now I've made some visible progress.

As it stands right now. I need to finish lining the front and then sew the sleeves and shoulder straps.
Front Progress

Mock up, back in December.

I added some ease to the back over the shoulder blades, because my last silk jacket I made using this pattern was a little tight there. The pattern was originally fitted for cotton fashion fabric, so the lack of give in silk creates more tightness. Hope it works.

Materials: navy silk taffeta and cream silk shantung (the latter is slubbier than I would like, but not horrible--I had to work with stash for this)
Materials: Navy Silk Taffeta, Cream Silk Shantung, Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment