Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekends with Isabella

This weekend and last I've been hanging out with Isabella, talking costuming and learning about 1500s clothing. She's trying to prep me for going to the renn faire. She explained how to make an Elizabethan shift, which I managed to then make (less hems) in a day. I've also been hard at work on a simple linen dress. Isabella was kind enough to let me trace off a bodice pattern she had that was a pretty close fit. I mocked it up, and have been in a sewing frenzy trying to put the actual thing together.

P5198952

P5198955

Plus, Isabella was nice enough to gift me a couple of costume pieces that ended up fitting me, including this green jacket from the Colonial Williamsburg costume shop sale. Thanks Isabella!!

P5198958

No comments:

Post a Comment