Friday, August 23, 2013

Fashioning the New Woman

Today Isabella and I went to the DAR Museum to see the Fashioning the New Woman exhibit. I had read about this show in a recent Shippensburg University Fashion Archives newsletter, but then I realized the exhibit was ending next week. Oops! So we had to go before it closed.

I have a bunch of detail photos that I'll share separately, but here are overall photos of the set up. They had clothing from late 1880s to the 1920s, including evening wear, day dresses, sports wear, underpinnings, and accessories. The mounting was pretty good, especially for a facility that does not always do fashion exhibitions. I want to make some 1890s sports wear now....

DAR Museum

DAR Museum

DAR Museum Fashion Timeline

DAR Museum

DAR Museum

DAR Museum

DAR Museum Women's Uniforms

DAR Museum Suffrage Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment