Wednesday, March 19, 2014

French Empire Style Coral Necklace

Recently a costumer contacted me with a really interesting jewelry commission. She was wondering if it would be possible for me to reproduce a necklace that Isabella Rossellini wears in the miniseries Napoleon (2002). She provided me with a screenshot, and I got to work figuring out how to construct the necklace given the materials I could source.

I am very happy with the result! I was able to make the focal coral components by attaching beads strung onto headpins to metal cabochon settings using epoxy clay. Then I covered the clay with a coral colored glass cabochon. It was neat figuring out how to make my own custom components.

Regency Coral Necklace

Regency Coral Necklace

Regency Coral Necklace

Regency Coral Necklace

Regency Coral Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment