Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stays Finished!!

Sorry these photos of the stays on me are so dark. I took them last night. I'm pretty happy with the fit, and they are quite comfortable. The gap in the back isn't even, but that is partially because Mike had trouble with lacing me up and because I lost weight over the past couple months. I was too lazy to fiddle with it to make it look better.

And here it is flat. You can see the pocket for the busk, and the drawstring in the top edge that can adjust the fit.

Modifications to the pattern:
I made both the bust and the hip gussets smaller, and added a lining after I finished the cording (the pattern was written to be only a two layer corset, but mine is three layers). I cut the armholes a little shallower, and made the shoulder straps a little thinner. I added the drawstring in the top binding by sewing two cotton cords to the top of the stays next to the armholes, and then threading them through eyelets I worked in the binding, at the CF.

Overall, I am really happy with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment