Thursday, December 13, 2007

Musings on My Bustle Project

Well, I had to take my Janome sewing machine into the shop this week. The timing was off, hardcore. But then, when I got to the store, they were having a sale. So I ended up coming home with a Pfaff Select 3.0 machine. Plus, I still decided to get my Janome fixed. So now I've got two machines, one which is more heavy duty and has a dual feed mechanism, and the other which has more automatic features.

In other news, I've been thinking about where I want to go with this bustle project. I'm still in the midst of making the underpinnings (though I had to take a break for most of this week, due to the sewing machine misshap). However, now I'm brainstorming up what I want to do for the dress. As I've already mentioned, I purchased an outfit from Lauren.



I really love this dress as it is, but I figured I should also try to put my own stamp on it. So now I've been looking at some fashion plates for a similar outfit.

The two dresses on the outside have a similarly loud print to them.


I particularly like this one, with it's vest front.


Looking at these, I'm thinking that I might want to put in a faux vest front, and trim the skirt with some contrasting fabric. I could totally revamp the skirt to go with an overskirt, but that might be a bit much. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment