Saturday, November 8, 2008

Red Robe Progress

I have the bodice almost done! I checked the fit this morning, and I'm quite happy with it. Here are some blurry pictures:








I took pretty detailed pictures of the bodice construction. First I basted the linen lining to the fashion fabric of the center back piece, turning under the neckline edge. I did the same with the other bodice pieces, but I left the lining hanging free along areas that were going to be seams. Then I assembled the bodice with backstitches from the fashion fabic side. I left the loose lining pieces hanging free.







After that, I turned under the free edges of the lining pieces and sewed them down with whip stitches.











I sewed up the seams on the sleeves with backstiches. These are unlined. I then trimmed one side of the seam allowance and sewed down the other allowance in a flat-felled seam with whip stiches. I then set in the sleeve with backstiches. After checking the fit of the sleeeves, I trimmed down the armhole seam allowances and overcast them with white cotton thread.









Now, on to the skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment