Sunday, May 2, 2010

Steampunk Mini-Convention

Yesterday Mike and I went to the Steampunk Mini-Convention at the Charles River Museum of Industry in Waltham, MA. It was a neat place for a steampunk event, since the museum commemorates the history of the victorian textile-weaving and watch-making industry in Massachusetts. What better place to have a steampunk convention than at a museum with a collection of steam engines? And a gallery of watch parts?


I wore my William Morris bustle outfit again (I need a new bustle ensemble stat!!)


Mike wore his generic victorian outfit, made from clothes in our closet and purchased accessories


There was a swordfighting demonstration


And a woman who brought this neat 1888 dressmaking apparatus. You would dial in your measurments to shape the frame into a bodice pattern and then trace it on paper.


The rest of my pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment