Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pictures of Finished Sontag

I finished this for the Harper's Ferry event in November, but I never posted photos of the sontag itself. I found this a very relaxing knit. Although it's a lot of simple back and forth basket weave stitch, I didn't think that was boring. The only issue I had with this project was a problem I made for myself: I almost ran out of the grey yarn I was using for the edging. I was trying to use stash yarn for this project, and I had about 1/2 of a ball of Paton's Merino that I thought would work for the edging. But turns out I badly miss-estimated how much yarn I would need. I got by through crocheting slightly fewer scallops than called for (which I may have needed to do anyway, as I was getting a looser gauge than expected), but I still only had a yard or so of grey left in the end.

IMG_8423

With the front tails undone, showing the ties with tassels
IMG_8419

Side view of the ties coming from the back and tied in the front
IMG_8422

Back before buttoning the tails
IMG_8421

Crossing over the tails to be buttoned in the back
IMG_8427

Buttoning the tails in the back
IMG_8425

Close up of back button (I got it in a blog giveaway from the fun-to-read, talented Dreamstress)
Back button

Finished back

In progress photo of soaking before blocking
Soaking in the sink

In progress photo of blocking
Blocking

No comments:

Post a Comment